Monday, January 25, 2010

Saving Energy At Home

As part of Local Roots' mission, we want to provide community members with the resources they need to live a more sustainable life. That's why we support the work of the Wayne County Sustainable Energy Network, a local organization dedicated to promoting information on renewable energy, energy conservation, and green living.

Our friends at WCSEN have been busy this winter, finding ways to help homeowners reduce their energy costs. Now you can find out more, too:

What: Homeowner's Energy Clinic
When: Thursday, January 28, 7-9 PM
Where: Prentke Romich (PRC), 1022 Heyl Road, Wooster

This free clinic will give you the chance to ask a panel of local builders and energy experts your questions on how to improve the energy efficiency of your home:

"How do I choose an energy efficient home builder?"
"How do I know if my home is well insulated?"
"How can I plan to use renewable energy in my home?"
"What do I need to know about weatherizing?"
...and more!

WCSEN has also organized a group to perform home energy audits, and you can learn more about this service at the clinic.

Come and find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment